2017 SWCD Mini Grants
The Soil & Water Conservation District is excited to once again be able to offer residents the opportunity to take care of some of their conservation needs through mini grants. These mini grants are made possible through the generosity of the stormwater board and their financial support of the Soil & Water Conservation District.
No project is too big or small for this grant. All projects that are accepted will be chosen based on a local ranking system and will be the sole decision of the Soil & Water Conservation Districts Board of Supervisors.
All project chosen will be cost shared on a 25%-75% split. The landowner will be responsible for 25% of the cost of the project, while the Soil & Water Conservation District will assist financially for 75% of the cost of the project up to a maximum of $2000 per project. Funds are limited so it is possible that not all applications will be funded. Contact the SWCD for more information. See the attached application: Mini Grant Application.
Monarch Wings Across the Eastern Broadleaf Forest Project-Needs Volunteer Seed Collectors
Conservation in the News
- Southern IN Cooperative Invasives Management (SICIM)
- County Government News
- City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation News
- Monroe County Parks and Recreation Special Events
- “Grazing Bites” – Victor Shelton,(NRCS Grazing Specialist)
- Indiana Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts (IASWCD)-News
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM)-News and Events
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)-Events
- Indiana NRCS News
- Indiana SWCD Directory